Frequently Asked Questions

How can I support the Foundation?

You can support the Foundation by becoming a member, by contributing to a Take Stock in Children Scholarship, by purchasing a Support Education specialty license tag, or by serving as a Take Stock in Children Mentor.

How can I become a member of the Foundation?

Memberships are available at several levels, from Student Memberships to Trustee Memberships. Okaloosa School District employees may have their membership dues paid through payroll deduction.

What are the benefits of Foundation membership?

Tax deductible donations to the Okaloosa Public Schools Foundation provide individuals, businesses, and community-based organizations with the opportunity to support unique and innovative educational programs and projects.

How does the purchase of a Support Education specialty tag help the Foundation?

With each Support Education tag purchased, $20 goes to the Foundation. These funds are used to support the Take Stock in Children Scholarship Program.

How can I contribute to a Take Stock in Children Scholarship?

Donations to fund Take Stock in Children Scholarships are accepted at any level of giving. Contributions designated for Take Stock in Children Scholarships are restricted to the purchase of scholarships for Okaloosa County students and are matched, dollar-for-dollar, by the Florida Prepaid College Foundation. Those who purchase a full scholarship or who are 50% co-sponsors may have the scholarship named for their business, for their family, or for an individual or entity of their choice.

How can my organization request Foundation funding for a program or project?

Requests for financial support are considered annually by the Board of the Foundation. Requests should be submitted in writing by April 1 of each year. Notification of the Board's decision will be made by June 30.

How can I contact the Foundation?

Please contact:

Okaloosa Public Schools Foundation, Inc.
120 Lowery Place, S.E.
Fort Walton Beach. FL 32548
Telephone: (850) 833-5856
Fax: (850) 301-3065